Ulnar deviation of the MP joints is common among patients with rheumatoid arthritis and other inflammatory processes.
- The joint drifts gradually so the fingers point outwards to the body which eventually leads to problems to create a functional grip.
- The NRX Ulnar deviation splint is designed with a platform on the palm side of the hand with a malleable metal core that has been encapsulated in the NRX material.
- The metal core can easily be adjusted and shaped by hand to provide stability to the MP joints and to support the palm
- The splint works excellent during activity but can also be used as a resting hand splint to reduce pain during sleep.
- The splint can also be used to separate fingers on stroke patients with problems with the hygiene or it can also be used to protect the palmar area from pressure.
- The NRX material provides a good pressure displacement, doesn't absorb moisture and can easily be washed.
- It can also be used in water since it dries very quickly.
To size measure over the MP joints.